How To Overcome Addictions | 3 Essential Tips To Help You Start Turning Your Life Around | My Story
Addiction is a condition of substance dependence, characterized by either impaired control over or strong compulsion to pursue some rewarding behavior. An addiction may occur due to outside pressure in form of possible adverse consequences should you think about quitting the habit. The chances for recovery are low yet it is totally possible and with enough determination, anyone can start turning their life around for the better.
3 Essentials Tips to Overcome Addiction
If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, it’s important to understand that there is hope. Addiction is a serious problem, but it is something that can be overcome with the right help and support.
Here are three essential tips to help you start turning your life around:
1. Seek professional help — If you’re struggling with addiction, it’s important to seek professional help. There are many resources available to help you get the treatment you need. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help.
2. Make a commitment to change — Change starts with a commitment from you. If you’re ready to make a change, set some goals and stick to them. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it in the end.
3. Take things one day at a time — Recovery is a process that takes time. Be patient with yourself and focus on taking things one day at a time. Before long, you’ll start to see progress being made.
God’s Role In Addiction
Many people struggling with addiction feel like they are alone in their fight. But, one of the most important things to remember is that God is always with you. He can give you the strength and courage you need to overcome your addiction.
Prayer is a powerful tool that can help you connect with God and get the support you need. There are also many Christian-based recovery programs available that can help you overcome your addiction. These programs provide community and accountability, which can be extremely helpful in your recovery journey.
If you are struggling with addiction, know that you are not alone. God is with you and He can help you overcome this difficult time in your life.
Emotional Roadblocks : 4 Ways To Clean Them Up
1. Emotional roadblocks are one of the biggest obstacles to overcome when trying to overcome an addiction. It is important to identify these roadblocks and work on cleaning them up.
2. One way to clean up emotional roadblocks is to work on your self-esteem. If you have low self-esteem, it can be difficult to believe that you are capable of overcoming your addiction. Believe in yourself and know that you can do it!
3. It is also important to forgive yourself for the mistakes you have made in the past. Addiction is a disease, and like any disease, it takes time and effort to recover from it. Do not be too hard on yourself — you are on the road to recovery!
4. Finally, make sure to surround yourself with positive people who will support your recovery. Family and friends can be a great source of support, but there are also many recovery groups available that can offer additional help and support.
If you’re struggling with addiction, it’s important to know that you’re not alone. There are millions of people who have gone through what you’re going through and come out the other side. With the right help and support, recovery is possible. These tips can help you start turning your life around and overcoming your addiction. Remember, it’s never too late to get help and make a change. If you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, please reach out for help.
My Personal Story of Overcoming Addiction
I spent the majority of my 20’s addicted to alcohol. Going from one or two drinks a night to not knowing how to function day-to-day without consuming alcohol was my life. If I’m being honest with you, the regret I felt when I realized that it wasn't the consuming alcohol by choice that bothered me the most, it was more about the time I would never get back with my kids during this time that led me to make a change. My relationship with Jesus rekindled and I haven't consumed a drink of any alcohol ever since.
If God can take a man like me and turn his life around, someone who is now a pastor and missionary of all things, He can do the same for you!
Want More Articles like this One?
Subscribe To Cory’s Blog Here :
https://coryhinton.medium.com/subscribe for future content!